cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF753Cdw error 255,0,0 when trying to scan

4Nina
Apprentice

Running Windows 11 (64bit) I have installed the latest Scan Drivers and MF Utility scan, upgraded to the latest firmware on the printer.  Uninstalled printer from Windows and reinstalled all software.  Verified correct setting in services.mcs for Windows Image Acquisition.   

Still unable to Scan.  

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please tell me more about your environment.  Is the printer connected to a network or by USB

If these devices are connected to the same network, can the devices see one another? Are you able to ping the printer from your computer, or are you able to access it's Remote UI by entering the printers IP address into a browser?

What drivers did you install, please be specific? 

You can find the software and names here: 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-mf753cdw

Did you allow the printer driver installer to make changes to the Windows firewall.  This is done for you automatically but you have to say yes when prompted.  

Do you have any third party antivirus software installed?  Are you using a mesh system in conjunction with the modem or router issued by your ISP? 

No configuration for Windows Image Acquisition is required in services.msc

Just to confirm, you are able to print but are not able to scan?

I'll have some suggestions and next steps once you reply.  🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements