cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF229dw MF scanning tool not working

jerrydonahue
Apprentice

Hi,

I have the combination printer/scanner MF229dw.  The latest driver and MF driver has been re-installed.  This is installed as a network printer.

I can print to it.

I can scan using the Microsoft Windows scan utility

If I try to scan from the scanner/printer, it detects my laptop and sits at "Confirm Destination", and eventually times out.  It used to open the MF Toolbox and present a PDF scanning menu.  Now only the top level MF Toolbox Scan Menu displays.  When I click on any of the icons, nothing happens.

I've re-installed the printer, scanner, and MF Toolbox from the latest files on the Canon website.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jerry

1 REPLY 1

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi. The MF Network Utlility must be is running in the background for a push scan (printer operation panel to computer). Also, verify the MF229dw is selected in the MF Network Utlility and Toolbox. If you have more than one scanner driver installed, please uninstall it or keep switching until you get to driver that works. If the issue continues, please contact Canon Technical Support for help at 1-800-828-4040, Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Announcements