cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753Cdw OK to leave it on 24/7?

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

How many people leave their printer on 24/7 and what's the drawback if any? My old HP had a function that would turn it on and off on a schedule. TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

As with other electronics, if you'll not be using the printer for an extended period of time (e.g. going away on vacation), it's always best to power down completely.

Other than that, a-ok to leave running in idle/sleep mode.   Virtually all electronics now have an idle mode.  They'll draw very little power and the advantage of such a mode is its much quicker to wake and start working than having to start up from being completely powered down.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

Also,

Every time you turn on the printer it initializes the print heads which uses ink.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

You mean on and not allowed to sleep at all?  Or on, and allowing it to sleep?   I do the latter with my imageCLASS MF653Cdw which is very similar to the 753 version.

--
Ricky

Yes, on and allowed to sleep. Just trying to do what's best for the printer.  

As with other electronics, if you'll not be using the printer for an extended period of time (e.g. going away on vacation), it's always best to power down completely.

Other than that, a-ok to leave running in idle/sleep mode.   Virtually all electronics now have an idle mode.  They'll draw very little power and the advantage of such a mode is its much quicker to wake and start working than having to start up from being completely powered down.

--
Ricky

Also,

Every time you turn on the printer it initializes the print heads which uses ink.

Ok, thanks. I didn't know it.

Announcements