cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF746Cdw flips paper for multiple copies of a one-page document

Froderich
Apprentice

Just installed a Canon MF746Cdw printer.

Trying to print a ONE page Word document.

If I print ONE copy, all is well.

When I print Multiple copies (let's say 3) of this one-page document, the following happens:

Paper starts to exit the printer, but reverses back into the machine as if for a two-sided document.  It then prints my document on the flip side (verified).  It does the same flip and print for the second copy.  After a pause of a few seconds, the LAST copy prints normally - no flipping of the paper.

Aside from the fact that it should NOT be doing this, if effectively doubles the time it takes to print a set of multiple copies.

Anyone see this before?  Any thoughts?

If I've put this in the wrong location, please advise and I'll repost it elsewhere.

thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Froderich
Apprentice

Updates:  Forgot to say I'm working from a MAC.  Also, this does not occur if I send it from my iPhone.

Hello Froderich,

You can try adjusting the setting for print side priority to speed priority from the menu on the printer.

<Menu> <Function Settings> <Common> <Paper Feed Settings>  <Switch Paper Feed Method>  Select the paper source Select <Speed Priority> or <Print Side Priority>

If you continue to have the same issue after changing the setting, we would need some additional information to assist further. If you could reply to this post with the information below, we can provide some suggestions or troubleshooting steps.

1. What version of the Mac OS do you have on the computer?
  2. What program are you printing from and do you run into the same issue of you print from other programs as well?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements