cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF731Cdw Supply Levels

Tapestry58
Apprentice

I went to check the supply levels on my printer today and I noticed that the levels for all 4 cartridges are basically the same.  About 90% of the printing I do is 100% B&W.  Why would the CMY  toners be as low as the K toner given that kind of print distribution?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Tapestry58.

I can provide more information about your inquiry.

It is possible for the machine to use the color cartridges to print black and white documents. If the document is in color, but you select black and white, it is possible for the program that you are using to still send information to the printer indicating that it is a color document. Printing images in black and white may also use the color cartridges. Color will be used to create the black color, to increase smoothness in the document. You can set the printer driver to print in grayscale, by selecting the drop-down for Color Mode.

You can also view the Counter in the Status Monitor on the printer and you will be able to see the totals for pages printed in black and white and the pages printed in color. Please follow the steps below:

<Status Monitor>  <Device Information>  <Check Counter>  Check the number of pages printed

If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements