cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF656Cdw Error 802

ptb127
Apprentice

Hello! I have been following your instructions to the "T" and I have a Canon MF656Cdw, and I have been getting an error 802 when I go to scan and email. When I go to test the server connection in Remote UI, I get this error message... any idea or help?

Could not find the server.
Check the settings for [SMTP Server], and [DNS Settings] from the [IPv4 Settings] or the [IPv6 Settings] screen.

5 REPLIES 5

mikegmazzone
Contributor

You have to set an admin pin on the printer in order to access the remote ui.

What does that have to do with it? I can access the remote UI fine without issue. I am getting that error message while I am in the remote UI. 

Perhaps one-on-one help would be easier. Support is available by calling 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET). 

mikegmazzone
Contributor

Sorry, i didnt realize that. I followed these instructions and it worked for my gmail. It may be different for other emails.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/MF644CDW-Setting-up-quot-Scan-to-Email-quot-using...

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Error 802 is a SMTP server name error.  It means the SMTP address specified it not valid or cannot be found.

Example: smtp.serveraddress.com

Contact Support as Stephen suggested.  They can assist if you can't figure it out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements