cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw won't print color

sKeEter0521
Apprentice

OK, I have a Canon MF642C/643C/644C printer and it stopped printing colors.  Which is ticking me off because I make my own holiday cards and I'm late at that now.

I checked the toner supply; 1/2 remaining.  Shook them up a bit anyway.  No luck.

Now I have a loose green tube about 12" long.  I suppose it heats the toner but has failed.  But several problems...

1. I don't know what to actually call it.

2. I don't know how to test it for failure.

3.  I can't figure out where to put it back in.

4.  I don't know how to get a replacement.

It's too late for my holiday cards (I bought a cheap box of "Holiday Cats Under A Tree" cards to survive this year).  But I really need to get this printer working again.  

So where does the stupid tube fit in the printer and how do I replace it?  What to I even search for?

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Welcome to the Canon Community!

Your situation sounds pretty frustrating, and on the urgent side. You may want to reach out to support directly, so they can help troubleshoot your issues one-on-one. They're at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), weekdays. 

If you're OK with waiting for help, we will need to know more information so that the Community can better assist:
• What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
• Do you see any error messages?
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
• How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Canon MF642C/643C/644C 

Mac 14.1.2

No error messages.  

USB connection.

The computer works fine.  It just won't print in color (and black is gray)

Hey there!

The MF642C/643C/644C is the family of the printer (those are 3 different models sold in 3 different countries). We'll need to know the exact model from the unit itself, not from your computer or the manual. 

Have you installed the software from our site, or are you using AirPrint? 

Front says color image class MFb44Cdw.  Tried to simply copy a magazine cover and it comes out grey.  Tried to print a Word doc in many colors and it came out grey.  New Canon toner cartridges and it comes out grey.

I see no error messages.

Mac Sonoma 14.1.2

USB connection.

Is there something in my computer settings that controls printer color?

If there is any more info I can give, I will give it.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements