cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF641Cw unable to print 4 x 6

JosephA
Apprentice

Just bought a new color laser printer. canon imageclass MF641Cw

Works great, but how to do you go about printing a 4 x 6? I read some things on having to register a 4 x 6 but none go into detail on HOW to?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

normadel
Authority
Authority

You want to print on 4x6 paper, or 4x6 image on 8.5x11 paper?

Yes sorry, print on a 4x6 paper. 

I would like to print various sizes on 8.5 x 11 (examples 4x4 / 6x6 / 4x6 / 6x9) Is this printer capable?

Yes just put the 8x11 in and on the ox choose whatever size it will come out small on your standard paper

I would like to print various sizes on 8.5 x 11 (examples 4x4 / 6x6 / 4x6 / 6x9) Is this printer capable?

normadel
Authority
Authority

I don't know if this printer comes with a full printed user manual, but a quick search came up with the online manual. Looking for the area on loading paper showed how to adjust paper guides in the cassette and the multipurpose tray, and how to "register", in the control panel, a custom size as the default (the size you will mostly use). You don't have to register anything to just load 4x6 paper anytime you want.

Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF641Cw - User'...

Yea I loaded a 4x6 in the tray but no option on the print settings on my computer ( win 10 ) to print 4x6 . Then it tells me no paper in the tray. But Ty will look over the link. User manual that came with the printer , is just basic set up, 

Hello JosephA,

The option for 4X6 will not appear in the list of paper sizes for the MF641Cdw, but the printer supports customs paper sizes as small as 3X5. You can register 4X6 on the printer and when printing from your computer, you can use the driver settings for a custom paper size.

If you continue to have issues printing on 4X6, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements