cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF632C/634C scan error message

rdefuria
Apprentice
Suddenly, when I use Canon MF Scan Utility and select "PDF Document Scan" button for my "Canon MF632/634_409F38943CB5" product, I get the following error.

MF Scan Utility settings shows the Paper Size is set to Letter.

And I am scanning a letter-sized document from the feed tray (though scanning from the scan bed yields the same results).

I swear this is a recent occurrence.

Thoughts?

Selected paper size is larger than physical scanning area. Cropping will occur. Continue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

docz32
Apprentice

I have been having this since Windows 11 update or maybe a few weeks prior. After coming on the forum I was able to fix the issue finally. What helped me was opening Device Manager from the start menu. Finding Imaging Devices, underneath found the Canon scanner. Right click and disable device and then enable device. Afterwards the scanner worked without that error box and I have also noticed it was scanning much faster again.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

csvanhoeven
Apprentice
I have a MF249dw and this started happening to me too after installing the Windows 10 April 2018 update.

Thanks.

The scans do seem to work okay if I click "continue"

I just noticed that I don't get the warning dialog if scanning from the document feeder, only the glass.

James_C

Hi rdefuria   

In order to properly assist you, I will just need to know what operating system you are running?  Additionally, how is your imageCLASS unit being connected (USB or Wireless)?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI                  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem as rdefuria and csvanhoeven, on my i-SENSYS MF735cx.

Windows 10 (64-bit, April 2018 update), Canon MF Scan Utility v1.5.0.0, MF735cx driver v21.81, Canon MF735cx overall software package installer v5.4.0.0, MF735cx firmware is up to date (I don't recall what version, but this was confirmed two days ago by Canon support for other reasons).

Every time I scan from the platen glass from the scanner console by tapping Scan -> Computer, the computer to which the scan should be delivered pops up the message:

"Selected paper size is larger than physical scanning area.

Cropping will occur.

Continue?"

Canon Selected paper size cropping.jpg

Looking at the http://{my MF735cx IP address}/ System Manager interface, the configuration for every scan type for paper size is A4. A4 is, obviously, not larger than the physical scanning area.

Canon, please help us fix this. It's a huge interruption to have to Every. Single. Time.  ... we scan from the scanner to the computer, walk back to the computer to click "ok" to dismiss this erroneous prompt.

thank you,

Same problem for me!

This has started appearing  since the last month: if I scan from the feeder, it is ok. If I scan from the glass, it showes me the error:

[Window Title]
Canon MF Scan Utility

[Content]
Selected paper size is larger than physical scanning area.
Cropping will occur.

Continue?

[OK] [Cancel]

Canon Support team, can you please look into this?

Same exact problem...  Windows 10 1803, MF733CDw, and it was NOT occurring when the machine was running 1709.  Canon, this thread has been around for months.  Where is the fix for this?

I re-installed the driver/package from the canon website. However, you lose the toner amount indicator. But there is no more error.

Having said that, Canon support team does not even care at replying or looking at the reported issue! Pathetic!

Appreciate the tip.  Thanks

Announcements