cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF624Cw "Problem Scanning. No paper detected."

Roweste
Apprentice

When I use my Image Class MF624Cw scanner I get an error message on my computer: Problem scanning. No paper detected. Add a document to the paper source and try again.

I'm unsure why I'd need paper since I'm scanning, but there is paper in the tray. 

I used the Windows app to initiate the scan.

I used the Scan button on the printer's home screen to initiate the scan. 

I updated the drivers.

I unplugged the scanner and restarted it.

Whatever I do, I keep getting the same error message. 

What paper source am I supposed to add a document to? 

4 REPLIES 4

mreg
Contributor

Are you talking about scanning from the platen or the ADF?

I was getting the error whether scanning from the Platen or the ADF. However, I fixed it by uninstalling the MF Scan Utility then reinstalling it, followed by downloading the MFDrivers Scan Gear driver and installing it. 

mreg
Contributor

Ok good.  Usually a source complaint by scanner software is related to what it thinks is an empty ADF.  It would have no idea whether anything is on the platen glass.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This is definitely an interesting behavior. I've not heard of that happening before.  If something like this were to happen again, I would open the MF scan utility dialog and click on the computer tab. Select default, then select the printer tab and select default.   That will reset any changes to the default configuration.  Source: ADF or platen.  

Glad you got it resolved.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements