cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF452dw Shows Blank Lines when Scanning Checks

BillTheBuyer
Apprentice

Getting horizontal white lines too when scanning checks in color for auditors. Just bought this MF452dw and was thinking about buying a second one until I ran into this issue. My 14 year old 100,000+ page printed Canon scans checks in color just fine. If this restriction can't be turned off then these new Canons are basically useless bricks.

3 REPLIES 3

ron2917
Apprentice

i am having the same issue with a MF743, is there a workaround or are these simply not able to scan color checks?

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello BillTheBuyer,

Certain items can't be reproduced with the MF452dw. Certain certificates, documents and currency will fail to scan or scan with lines. Unfortunately, there would not be a setting to disable that feature. If you believe the scanner issue with the checks is being caused by a problem with the hardware, you can contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with any hardware issues.

Colin03
Apprentice

Hello, 

Our office has a Canon F157902, serial # HXS17428.  We are having the same issue with certain check scans. There are blank lines through the scanned check image making it unreadable and unable to be stored for record keeping purposes.  

How is there no way to turn off this feature? 

Thank you, 

Colin

Announcements