Windows Defender on and in and out bond default set to block

Wireless connection via 2.4G network

Home router is in mesh mode

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Afraid I am having difficulty understanding your question.  The printer needs an ethernet, USB or 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast which supports WPA2 / AES encryption for connection. Can you provide more details please.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

I am connecting with 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast. I am having trouble to use option scan to my computer, message will shows no computer found. It works before with my older computer which was running windows 10. My new computer is running windows 11. 

Thank you.

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we'll need some additional information about the exact issue you're experiencing. How are you connecting? What is the exact error message? 
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi tszu1,

Thats helpful.  Thank you.

The easiest way to set up Scan To Destination, is by using the printer's Remote UI.  

Open a browser and log into the System Manager.  You can access the UI by entering the IP of the printer into your browser

shadowsports_0-1720655083553.png

Click the AddressBook

shadowsports_1-1720655155203.png

Click on an empty slot for registration

shadowsports_2-1720655306840.png

Select the File radio button.  Press OK

shadowsports_3-1720655354255.png

Give it a name, enter the hostname of the PC

Set the path and supply user creds.  Save

shadowsports_4-1720655563664.png

Now you have one touch access for scanning to your computer (folder) 

If you want to do it manually, the instructions are found here:

Scanning and Saving to a Computer - Canon - imageCLASS MF455dw / MF453dw / MF452dw / MF451dw - User'...

If the printer cannot find the destination, you are not specifying the correct hostname or are not connected to the same network as the computer.  

The hostname is specified like this \\[hostname]

See my last image above.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick, all works well now.

Announcements