cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF424dw can't scan

Xiaoping
Contributor

I have ImageClass MP424DW printer and my laptop operation system is Window 11.

Printing works successfully but scanning is never working. Please see image below:

Xiaoping_0-1720024737400.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Respectfully, what you are showing us is not conclusive.

I'd like to suggest the following.

Start by removing the printer from your computer.  Open settings > Bluetooth and Devices > Printers and Scanners.  Select the printer, then Remove.

Now unplug the printer's USB connection (Disconnect the cable)

Next open Settings > Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Uninstall All Canon Software / Drivers, Utilites and Apps.

Now *important restart your computer

After restart, download the following applications:

[Windows 64bit] MF429dw/MF426dw/MF424dw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II/ Generic Plus PCL6/ Generic Plus PS3/ Generic FAX/ ScanGear)

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwOTM1MzAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

[Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.21.0.2 (You appear to have this already)

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNjg2NTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Now run the first installer. *Do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.

Then run the second installer MF Scan Utility v1.21.0.2.  Just run setup.exe.  You do not need to open the dotnet folder or attempt to run applications in any of the folders except setup.  dotnet is part of windows 11 OS.  If the dotnet dialog you posted previously does open just select close (button) and continue.

Your printer should now be installed with scanning functionality.

We'll provide additional support should you continue to have issues.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Does not being able to scan occur with multiple computers, tablets or just the one computer?

If it is with just one computer, my thought would be to delete the existing drivers and reload them (including the ones designated scanner) from Canon's website,

If the problem occurs with multiple devices, try defaulting the printer and set it back up from scratch.

Scanning of printer MP424DW works in MAC desktop, but never works on my window 11 laptop. I tried 3 USB wires and all fall to work. I didn't see driver including scanning toolbox. Do you know specific name of scanning toolbox on Cannon website? Thanks

This is the general support page for the unit. The available drivers are in the drop down.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-mf424dw

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How is the printer connected and to what? 

Did you connect the printer before installing drivers or after?

Please tell us what drivers you installed. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

MP424DW printer connected to laptop Window 11 by USB cable. MAC desktop works well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you connect the printer to your desktop before installing drivers?

Using Dexman335 link as reference, please tell us which drivers for Windows 11 you installed?

Did you install the MF scan utility v1.21.0.2? ‌😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have issues with installing MF scan utility V1.21.0.2. Please see below imagr

Xiaoping_0-1720113302046.png

MF Scan utility was installing successfully, but driver has issue to install. see below

Xiaoping_0-1720114676804.png

Computer doesn't recognize the scanner connected by USB cable. See below

Xiaoping_0-1720115327667.png

click here to view the gallery
Announcements