cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF424dw - Lines on double side scan

Gutshall77
Apprentice

Hello,

We have a imageCLASS MF424dw that is putting lines on anything that is double sided scanned through the ADF. I found after some cleaning and testing that the scanner part for the second side on the lid doesn't seem to be sitting correctly. If you would shift it in any way, put the lid back down, then scan/copy something, lines will appear down the whole page and will shift in different positions each time you would move the scanner part or even just lift the lid and put it back down. Seems like it's scanning at an angle and catching part of the feed assembly plastic. 

Any ideas on how I could fix this would be appreciated. First time coming across this issue and couldn't find a way to fix it. I even tried to look up what would need replaced if I had to go that route.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

Thanks for the reply. I made a mistake and not sure if I can edit the title. It is a ImageClass and not an ImageRunner. I appreciate the additional information on the ImageRunners and not sure if Canon provides for the ImageClass either. 

Thank You

Thanks for the clarification.  We've edited the original post accordingly.  If you need immediate help, you can call our support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  They're open Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

Thank You Danny! 😁

Announcements