cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4150 Problems on New Computer

HelpX22
Apprentice

Hello, 

I switched my MF4150 to a new computer with Windows 11. Downloaded the drivers for the MF4150. I am unable to make the MF4150 my default printer which is due to the unit being in "Idle" status. The  Canon Toolbox software works fine and I am able to scan documents but am unable to print as the MF4150 is not my default printer.

Thank you for any help on this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Murrayjd2,

If the drivers were downloaded but the printer is not an option to select and only works as a scanner, it will usually mean there was an issue with the driver install or the printer driver has yet to be installed. 

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, click on the option at the bottom for Universal Serial Bus controllers. If you see an option for USB printing support, you can right click on it and select uninstall. Once it is gone, you can disconnect the printer from your computer. If USB printing support is not there, you can just remove the cable connection.

You can turn off any security software running on the computer and then you can try downloading and installing the [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4150 MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) from our support site and trying the install again. once the USB cable connection window appears in the setup, you can reconnect the printer to the computer.

If you are still unable to print, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Danielle, 

Apparently we are out of luck. They are happy to help us buy a new one instead. I love my MF4150, and happy that it has lasted when most products these days are disposable, and don't last long. 

Announcements