cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower Print Quality on a Canon Maxify MB5170

SecretShopper
Apprentice

Hi Community

I have a Canon Maxify MB 5170.  When I am proof reading documents, I would like to be able to print in lower quality. In the same way that when I scan I can determine the scan quality.

The print screen shows a "draft" print option on the slider however, it's grey out - only Normal and Best can be selected.  And let's be honest, Normal is as good needed!  

There's no option when you look at the Canon MB 5100 set-up to change to either "draft" or reduce dpi.  

How do you get a lower print quality (draft or less dpi) and save money and reduce waste?  My old HP printer was so much easier!

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer, along with any other information that might help our community help you.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

SecretShopper
Apprentice

Hi - Apologies.  I use an iMac, currently on macOS Monterey V12.6, about to upgrade to latest OS.  That said, "Draft" printing hasn't been available in prior OS versions. I just never got around to trying to solve the problem.

Announcements