cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF232w underside glass cloudy won't copy clearly

MichelleD
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm hope someone can help me.  Recently I've noticed that the underside of the glass on my MF is cloudly.  Printing is fine, but copying is extremely hard to see.  I think the drywall service we had in last fall spread so much dust around it must have ended up under the glass. 

Any advice on how to access the underside of this glass would be appreciated.  This has been an outstanding mf tool for me.  I hate to lose it's use now.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Afraid I don't have good news.  Once dust gets under the glass, it has to be taken apart to be cleaned.  I keep both of my devices covered. when not in use.  Drywall dust is the absolute worst.  Sticks to everything and is very difficult to clean.  The trick for it is to never let it get in there.  Canned air doesn't work too well.  It only gets the edges.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements