cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF232w underside glass cloudy won't copy clearly

MichelleD
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm hope someone can help me.  Recently I've noticed that the underside of the glass on my MF is cloudly.  Printing is fine, but copying is extremely hard to see.  I think the drywall service we had in last fall spread so much dust around it must have ended up under the glass. 

Any advice on how to access the underside of this glass would be appreciated.  This has been an outstanding mf tool for me.  I hate to lose it's use now.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Afraid I don't have good news.  Once dust gets under the glass, it has to be taken apart to be cleaned.  I keep both of my devices covered. when not in use.  Drywall dust is the absolute worst.  Sticks to everything and is very difficult to clean.  The trick for it is to never let it get in there.  Canned air doesn't work too well.  It only gets the edges.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply.  I was afraid of this as I have looked everywhere on this device and cannot find a way to lift the glass.  I only wish I had thought of covering it as you do.  A year later we are still full of dust in here and it's embarrassing.  I'm open to trying to take it apart to have it cleaned but I can't find anything on how to do this.  I'm happy I can still print but scanning and copying are horrible now. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've never looked at one for disassembly.  I imagine the scanner lid would have to be removed before the platen could be taken apart. 

Have you looked into printer repair in your area?   Google printer repair with your zip code maybe?  If that's a dead end, it might be more cost effective to replace the device.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have considered taking it to one in the area but we live in the middle of nowhere so it might be cheaper to just buy another one.  Gosh knows I have enough toner to last for years for this model and bought it insanely cheap.  It's just hard for me to give up on tinkering to fix it.  At the same time, it's somewhat intimidating once I start reading the technical specs.  I really appreciate your input.  I'll post what happens if I try to take it apart.  Eeks 

Thanks again,

Michelle 🙂

Announcements