cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF227dw Scanner Lid Won't Open

lreed
Apprentice

I was wondering if anyone ever had a problem with their printer lid not opening to place a document on the glass for printing.  My Image Class 227 DW seems to be locked and not opening.  Can someone suggest something to try?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you are having problems opening the lid, you can try turning the printer around and checking the hinges for the lid to make sure they are even and clear of obstructions. If trying to reposition the lid so it is even does not help with opening, the lid might be damaged and needs service. You can check you available service options by logging into your My Canon account using the link HERE.

LarryBoyColorad
Apprentice

Turns out there is a little white hook towards the front left of the flatbed scanning area that was engaged and holding it down. You might be able to jiggle the lid side to side get it to release, or nudge it with a flattened plastic straw or similar. I had loosened up the back hinges by pinching them at the bottom and starting to lift the whole top assembly off, and then could see the white hook and manipulate around it. After that things went back to normal. I think the hook engages during fax-style scanning and just got stuck. Hope this helps!

I have the same problem but I cannot find that white hook.

Ok, never mind I found the hook. My issue is that the left hinge had some plastic damage, thus affecting the way the bed closes and opens.

Thanks for the tip. I found the white hook to unlock the top.  It just did not return to normal and I have to manually push the white hook every time I want to put something on the glass to copy.

Thanks, I found the white hook and was   able to use a straw to open it, but everytime I lower the lid, it gets stuck  closed again. Is there something else, .more permanent,  I can do?

surfergijoe
Apprentice

Using this platform for the 1st time...don’t have the problem you have but have the same model MF227dw that keeps coming up with a Low Toner error message despite new Canon Toner.

Any ideas or anyone out there that might know something to help. Appreciate it

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements