cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image class series roller replacement

chowda76
Apprentice
Can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate that shaft the feed roller is on to change it out. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

johndough
Apprentice

I have an MF8050 and did a search on Utube.  I found a video for a similar HP machine and there was a combination of pushing the stop button and the on button to rotate the shaft. I am on this forum looking for a similar combination for my Canon.

chowda76
Apprentice
I ended up buying a manual there's only one service mode menu 28 menu then it's a few steps after that. I'll post once I get on my PC. But after all that I found all you need to do is remove all toners and paper cassette. Flip machine on its left side. Turn on and watch the roller move when it does open front cover should stop the roller in its place so it can be replaced

Chowda76--I asked Canon support for the method of accessing the service mode menu and was told they are not given to the end user/consumer.  I also purchased the manual and it would be a lot easier if Canon would recognize that the service mode menu should not be top secret. 

It does occur to me the codes to access the service mode must be somewhere on the machine.  A regular service technician is not going to know all of the codes for all of the models of machines that are sold.

Good luck.

Chowda76--Now I understand what you mean about menu,2,8,menu.  I have access to Service Mode.  Thanks.

Tiffany

Hi Chowda76!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are working with.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

chowda76
Apprentice
OK so. This is the procedure in the manual.
Menu 2,8 menu then copier/function/viffnc/fd-r-chg
After it rotates turn off power and lift up machine to access.
Announcements