cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iR-ADV C5045 OS X 11.3 (El Capitan) Driver Issues

matt-schuh
Apprentice

Hello!

I've recently run into an issue regarding setup of a Canon iR-ADV C5045 on Macs around my office.  I work in a design firm, and one of the designers stated that setting up the printer with AirPrint (Mac Default) was lacking features that she needed.  I went to the driver site and downloaded the UFRII (UFRII_v10.09.00_MAC.zip) driver and then, after it didn't work, the PS (PS_v04.07.00_Mac.zip) driver.  Both of these didn't work and produced the same results.  I then completely removed all drivers and reinstalled them, which still didn't work.

The problem when using these drivers is that, when something is printed, it comes out as multiple pages of random characters, or lines of overlapping characters.  For example, I attempted to print a word document containing only the word "test" and instead 6 pages of random characters were printed.  I attempted to print a jpg that resulted in over 15 pages of random characters being printed before I was able to cancel the job.  Sometimes there will be a blank page mixed in as well.

I'm wondering if this has to do with running OS X 11.3, however the drivers are very new (~1 week old) and were released after 11.3, so I would think they should work with 11.3.  

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT:

It would probably help to post my printer install process.

I went to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > "+" button > Add Printer or Scanner... 

In the following Dialogue, the printer is listed as "B1"

Clicking that once results in Mac auto-populating the Name, Location, and Use boxes with "B1" "Canon iR-ADV C5000s-B1 PSV1.0US" and "AirPrint" respectively.  I then clicked the "Use" dropdown and clicked "Select Software."  From there, I filtered for 5045 and 2 options came up.  One was for the UFRII and one for the PS driver.  I tried each (clicked on it, Clicked OK, then clicked add).  Everything showed up as OK/Green, but printing resulted in the random characters.

1 REPLY 1

Crista
Whiz

Hi matt-schuh!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OKCANON (652-2666) and we will be happy to provide dealers who are in your area. 

Announcements