I will be glad to assist you.
It is recommended that the drivers and MF Toolbox be uninstalled and reinstalled. To perform this operation, please follow the instructions below:
1. Unplug the USB cable from the printer.
2. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.
3. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF3010 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer. Delete all of the icons for the MF3010.
4. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.
5. Double click on Canon driver to uninstall. Follow the on screen prompts. Repeat for the MF Toolbox.
6. Restart you computer.
After your computer restarts and you are on your Desktop screen, before you re-connect the printer to your computer, you can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.
1. Click on the link below to go to the Drivers & Software page for the MF3010.
2. The Drivers & Software page will open for the selected model.
* This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.
* If you are downloading the file for someone else or for another computer, you can select a different operating system from the drop-down menu.
3. Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Recommended Downloads section.
4. Click on [Windows 32bit] imageCLASS MF3010 MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) or [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF3010 MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) to download the drivers.
Note: You can view information about the file by clicking the Plus sign (+) to the left of the file name
5. After clicking the file name (1), check the "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download." check box (2). Then, click the Download button (3).
6. Click on the red download button to save the file to your computer.
7. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)
8. Open your [Downloads] (or [Documents]) folder.
9. You will see two icons with the name: MF3010_MFDrivers_V2095_W32_us_EN or MF3010_MFDrivers_V2095_W64_us_EN. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.
10. In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup]. Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].
11. The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open. Proceed through the on-screen steps.
12. Connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.
13. Once complete, return to the Recommended Downloads section and click on [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.126.96.36.199.mf17.
14. After reading the details and disclaimer, click on the check box for 'I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download.' and click on the red download button to save the file to your computer.
15. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.
16. In the new folder, double-click the decompressed Setup file to start installation.
Next, please follow these steps to set MF3010 as your default printer:
1. Open the Printers Folder:
* Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.
2. If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on the printer driver you wish to use and Left-Click 'Set as Default Printer'.
3. If the printer icons are stacked, right click on the printer icon shown and hold the mouse on 'Set as Default Printer' until the full list of drivers appears. Left click on the UFR II printer driver to use.
4. When the printer has been set as the default printer, a check mark is displayed beside the printer icon.
Should you still experience an issue when scanning with the MF Toolbox, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).