cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-SENSYS MF655Cdw - Won't Scan

Tobynecek
Contributor

Hello,

Two days ago, I bought the MF655Cdw. Everything is great except for one of the most important features: scanning documents to the computer.

After purchasing the printer, I followed the steps in the manual. I set everything up as instructed. The internet is connected, and a USB cable is connected to the computer as well.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

SamanthaW

Hello!

Can you please confirm your printer model number? We don't see that one, but there are two that are very similar! 

Hi,
Its canon I-SENSYS MF655Cdw laserprinter

Thanks for clarifying!

The i-SENSYS series is not a US line, which would explain why we didn't see it in our list! The Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA. 

Oh my bad. Thank you

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Toby,

I can probably assist you with your scanning issue.

Lets start with these questions:

OS: What OS version and build are you sing the printer with?

3rd Party Apps: Are you using any 3rd party anti-virus software?

Connection: Its best that you choose one interface for connection.  USB, Ethernet or Wireless (you ochoose)

Software:  What software  / drivers did you install?

i-SENSYS MF655Cdw - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)

Note: If you are receiving any error messages, please provide them.  It will help me identify the problem.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi,

I am using Windows 11 and I do not use any antivirus software. I downloaded everything available from the Canon website. The farthest I got was downloading the Scan Utility. However, after successfully installing it and setting it up, I encountered this error:

The scanner driver that supports this software is not installed. Please install it and try again.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings.

You need this driver utility (drivers tab)

shadowsports_0-1716495714519.png

And this scanner driver: (under the software tab)

shadowsports_1-1716495819334.png

The error you are seeing indicates the driver above v1.21.0.2 is not installed.

If both applications are installed, let me know and I'll provide next steps.  Note, Windows 11 wil try to install its own drivers (which won't work) if you connect via USB without following a brief sequence of steps.  you also need to decide what connection method you plan to use.  (just one) is best.  🙂  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I downloaded what you mentioned and opened the exe file. What should I do next?

Thank you.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You need to install the 2 installers I referenced above.  The first installs the MF Drivers Utility and ScanGear

shadowsports_0-1716508151717.png

When you run the installer, it prompts to allow it to make changes to the windows firewall.  You need to answer yes.

It then detects the printer.  The next screen allows you to select the features.  Scanner, Fax, etc.

Once that completes, you run the second installer v1.21.0.2 MFScan Utility.  This installs the scanner driver that allows the included features to run. 

Note again you haven't told me what connection type you plan to use? 

If you have a non-working instance of the printer installed..  non working means one that windows tried to install when you connected (pluged) in the USB connection, windows may have tried to install its own drivers.  These won't work.  

In this case, I would remove the printer, and re-run the installers.  If you are going to use a USB connection, do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  This is why its important to choose one connection type.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements