cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon color imageclass mf743cdw cant get to print while low on toner

Turned2ash
Apprentice
I have the canon color imageclass mf743cdw, and it says color toner low/out but wont let me print in general. Is there a way to set it to black only color and still print?
2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Turned2ash,

Welcome to our Canon Forum! 

The "Low Cartridge Level" message on your Color imageCLASS MF743Cdw notifies you that a toner cartridge needs to be replaced soon. This message allows you to make sure that you have a replacement toner cartridge ready. We suggest you replace the toner cartridge if you see this message before you start to print a large job.

You can specify to continue printing using the printer's operation panel when the amount remaining in the toner cartridges is low using the process below:

<Menu> -> <Preferences> -> <Display Settings> -> <Action When Warning> -> <Low Cartridge Level> -> Select <Continue Printing> -> <Apply> -> <Yes> ->HOME

You can also set the Color mode to black and white:

<Menu> -> <Function Settings> -> <Printer> -> <Printer Settings> -> <Color Mode> -> Select <Black & White> -> HOME

If you need help more help, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

RhondasCanon
Apprentice
I have same model and it shows low on toner BUT I checked the consumables and it shows 90% Black and 40% Color remaining. I understand the percentage may not be exact but 40% is hardly considered “low”. Is there a way to adjust how the printer defines “Low”?
Announcements