cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beep & "whiiiiiing" sound

newcanoneuser
Apprentice

hello all!

I have been using my Canon mf641 for a few months now but it makes this weird sound when I haven't asked for it to scan/print anything. The message says to "replace the cartridges" but the cartridges are relatively new and I have not printed many things (most of the time I print in black and white). 

every so often, the printer will beep and its scanner will move (making a "whiiiiiing" sound) and it has been driving me crazy. I have tried shaking the cartridges, resetting it, and disconnecting it from power... but nothing seems to work. 

Any tips or solutions will be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

mreg
Contributor

Not sure about the "replace cartridges," but the sounds can be the printer doing auto-correction.  You may want to go into the Menu-Adjustment/Maintenance-Auto Correction Settings and Correct Color Print Mismatch and turn off the auto correction.  These corrections do use toner, so the toner levels may be lower than you think, and the starter color cartridges are low capacity.  And many "black" printouts also use color toner.  Did you look at your actual cartridge levels? 

Announcements