cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the thickest card the MX922 can print on to?

Sue_Denim
Apprentice

I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere on Canon or the internet, other than a lot of people saying that because the back tray has been taken away, it does not print on card very well now.

Thanks for any help!  I want to print on the thickest card I can to make cut-out puzzles that you fold and glue together, but I don't want to be buying several reams of different weight card that might all be useless if they won't print.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi Sue_Denim,

We do not recommend using paper outside of the 17 to 28 lb paper weight (other than Canon genuine papers) in the printer, as they could jam or do damage to the printer.  For more information on the paper recommendations for the printer, please click on the link below:

PIXMA MX922 Paper Recommendations

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jcat5150
Apprentice

I just printed 20 invitations (10 sheets) on 65lb card stock (non-canon) with no issues at all.  Given the thickness of the paper, I loaded each sheet individually so the process wasn't exactly speedy but the Mx922 handled it without a hitch.  

Thanks Canon.

How did you get to printing on card stock?
I'm trying to print Regular A7 cards on card stock and not only is it not printing on card stock, it says it's 5x7 coming from the upper tray but coming from the bottom tray at 8 1/2x11.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements