cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Canon MFB634CDW Toner Issue - Fast Depletion and Poor Print Quality

dsabine213
Apprentice

Hello Canon Community,

I'm reaching out in hopes of getting a reply from official Canon support regarding a serious issue I'm facing with my Canon MFB634CDW printer. Here are the details:

Toner Cartridge Installation Dates:

• Cyan, Magenta, Yellow: Installed on May 20th, 2024
  • Black: Installed on June 6th, 2024

I took the precaution of date stamping the cartridges due to previous concerns about how quickly they were depleting. Unfortunately, my suspicions have been confirmed. Despite printing far less than the stated output for these cartridges, I am already experiencing unacceptable banding in my prints, specifically with the yellow and magenta cartridges.

Usage Details:

• Approximately 500 pages printed
  • Content: Mixed graphics but predominantly text

This is highly frustrating as I have spent over $200 on these cartridges, and now, barely a month later, I need to replace the yellow and magenta cartridges. My printing needs are modest and do not involve any excessive or unusual printing.

Additional Information:

• Printer Model: Canon MFB634CDW
  • Other Equipment: Canon Pro 100 (which I am very satisfied with for large format image printing)

Request for Assistance:

1. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with rapid toner depletion and poor print quality?
  2. Is there a way to run a log test to see if the printer has documented the number of pages printed? This would help me have verifiable proof of the toner usage.
  3. What is the best way to contact Canon directly to address this issue? As a long-time Canon user, this situation is unacceptable, and I need a resolution.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

David

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements