cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox & Imageclass D420 Scanner Help Please

kaabte
Apprentice

I'm trying to scan multiple docs in pdf format on my Canon D420. I selected the download for my specific Canon printer/scanner. I have a Canon ImageClass d420. After the Toolbox download completed, I clicked the scan icon. The message that popped up said to install a supported scanner.  It is the only printer/scanner I have connected to the computer. I tried multiple ways but get the same message asking to install a supported scanner. Clicking on Settings gives me the same message.  I'm not able to find any other location to correct this.  I am quite frustrated. I need a pdf doc of multiple pages. It shouldn't be this hard.  I'm running Windows 8.1  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi kaabte.

It sounds like the scanner driver is not being recognized. Please uninstall and reinstall the drivers, as well as the scanning patch by following the instructions at this link:

Windows 8/ 8.1/ 10 Scanning for imageCLASS

Please disconnect the scanner from the computer while you are uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. The setup program will indicate when to reconnect the printer to the computer. Once the drivers and patch are installed, please try scanning with the MF Toolbox.

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements