cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Crinkly Noise Canon Imageclass MF267dw

Lycaeides
Apprentice

We've had this Canon Imageclass MF267dw for about a year now, Recently, there is a crackling / crinkling /plastic noise whenever we send something to print, starting as soon as the machine 'wakes up' to print.. I opened all doors, removed toner and drum, the noise is present when those are not in the printer. I closed all the doors and when the machine  tried to get itself sitauted, the same noise was present - towards the rear of the machine . I checked the rear flap with (obviously since i'm  posting about it here) no success. Itt sounds like a small, flexible piece of plastic/ vinyl is catching on a wheel/gear - it is rythmic . One coworker said it sounded like mice. None of the visible parts (when opening the various doors) have anything wrong with them. Changing out the toner cartridge did not change the noise, which was present even without comsumables in the machine. Prints have not changed in quality. I used to work in a copy center, i'm comfortable hand actuating various gears to get small pieces of caught paper out - I couldn't find anything, and frankly, it's embarrassing. Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Lycaeides,

It looks like you have already checked all the locations needed for obstructions/jammed paper. If the printer still makes that noise, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. In this situation, I would suggest contacting our phone team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy with assisting you locate what is making that noise and they can provided service options if needed.

I did call the team, there wasn't anything they could do to fix the machine. that problem got worse, pages started getting eaten within a week of me posting this. HOWEVER Canon support got me a replacement for my machine with minumum effort needed on my part. So, while i'm disappointed i couldn't actually repair the machine, my problem is overall solved. 

Announcements