cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a wireless MFP scanner so it is recognized by Windows XP Control Panel

bankerbill
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX892 MFP that is wirelessly connected to my network.  I would like to use different scanning software (Paperport 14) to control scanning from the printer/scanner; however, it does not recognize the MFP and I can't install the Pixma MFP via Windows XP Control Panel (Scanners and Cameras).  I tried using the installation disk, but Control Panel will not recognize the setup inf file.  Is there anyway to set up the scanner so it is recognized in Windows?  Paperport recognizes the twain drivers, but cannot scan from the scanner.  Does the scanner only work one way from the printer to the PC?  I am not thrilled with the scanning software that came with the printer.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello bankerbill.

To properly install the MX892, please use the installation CD that was included with the printer in order to install the drivers and software.  The TWAIN driver for the scanner is included with this installation. 

Once the setup is complete, you should be able to access the scanner from your Paperport program.

If you continue to have difficulties, please tell us if you are able to scan with the MP Navigator scanning program that was included with the installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements