cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning to email

reges
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently bought a Canon MF731cdw printer. I have set all the parameters as described in threads here or on Google such as Network settings smtp.gmail.com, the email address/password,  port=857 etc. Turned the printer off for 30 sec- 1min or so as told in some threads. The process still gives an error #806  or # 801 or #753. Any ideas how on what may be happening? The gmail address is correct. Any other settings that I may be missing? Also, how to set up if the addresses are yahoo.com or hotmail.com

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi reges.

The errors that you are receiving indicate that the server destination is not correct. You may want to confirm the SMTP port settings for Gmail. You can view more about the settings at the link below:

NOTE: This link will will take you to a page outside of Canon.

Google SMTP Server Settings

We will have to recommend  contacting Yahoo and Microsoft for the specific SMTP settings of their services.

If you continue running into any issues, after confirming that you are using the correct settings, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I rechecked and reentered the 'smtp.gmail.com' / port 857 with TLS cheecked. Gives the same error code. I also tried with port 465; same error code. I also tried with 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' with 465 port; same errors. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Announcements