cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Error 60010 on Canon 8500C Series color printer.

MaidMarian
Apprentice

I have searched scanner issues and codes but find nothing related to my printer. I have tried the advice on a couple of forum replies but they haven't solved my problem.

Canon 8500C Series color printer with MF Toolbox installed on a MAC running OSX 10.6.8 give the followong error message when trying to scan:

"Cannot communicate with the scanner. The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off.

Check the scanner status and try again. Scanner driver will be terminated.

Error code: 600104"

It has always been difficult to get the scanner to communicate with the MAC, but persistance usually worked. Not so anymore. I have tried and repeatedly tried. I have shut down and rebooted the computer and the printer. Absolutely nothing but error messages. Since Time Warner Cable recently changed out our modem, I followed the directions for the wireless LAN and reset the WPS button, checked the IP address and suceeded in completing a very poor quality scan. (Signatures did not show.) Since then one poor scan, I have gotten nothing but Error code. I do not understand the message: "Scanner driver will be terminated.

Please help before my boss takes a hammer to the printer!!

4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Unfortunately, I have been on hold for over 18 minutes with the horrible muzac playing over and over.

Hi MaidMarian,

Phone calls are answered in the order they are received. We truly appreciate your patience, and someone will be with you soon!

Unfortunately, the gentleman who answered my call could not find the issue causing the problem. He tried everything I had previously tried, and a few things I hadn't. He was going to transfer me to another representative, but after a 10 minute wait, I was cut off to abusy signal. When I called back, I was told "We are closed now. Please try us online."

My total time on the phone was over 68 minutes. It wouldn't have been so bad if they were playing something remotely like real music. Even the channel in the grocery store is better!! Smiley Tongue

I will try again tomorrow.

Announcements