cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samba IR C5235

NGogol
Apprentice

I have been trying all day to get a samba share working with a Canon ImageRunner C5235. The share is on a linux computer that is on the same workgroup as all other computers.

At the computer, I can easily discover the shared folder. I have tried using my Network username/password, my samba username/password as well as leaving both fields blank. I created an extra folder within the primary share as shown on some Canon help documents.

After discovering the share, I try and scan to it. It retries and then tells me to check my server. I have no idea what is wrong. My Samba share is not configured to need authentication. I do not think this is required.

Someone, please help me. I can provide any information needed. The printer was previously connected to a Microsoft Small Business Server 2003. Due to end of life, I moved functionality to a linux PC. The only real change is moving to a workgroup from a domain. I scrubbed every menu in the remote management to make sure it is not setup for a domain.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, NGogol! Thanks for posting!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

Thank you for the reply.

I was wondering why the internet had almost no resources for ImageRunner products.

Are you able to tell me whether Canon products generally support version 3.6.3 of Samba on Linux servers? I was able to create a quick and dirty workgroup share through Windows 7, which works but is far from ideal.

Are there extra support documents that you send to your dealers? The manuals we have are very light on techincal details.

Announcements