cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote UI blank for Canon MF8350

SCDA
Apprentice

The printer and scanner functions work, but the Remote UI comes up blank.  I also can connect wirelessly to the printer, but need a hard wire for the scanner to work.   I'm connected to the printer via a network and have set up a static IP.  I'm also connected via USB.  Unplugging the USB has no effect.  Different browsers similarly blank.  A different computer on the network, same blank screen.  Remote UI is enabled on the machine.  No security settings that I can see.  I don't see any router settings that I can configure that might be blocking it.  Any suggestions?

I want to be able to receive faxes and either email them or store them on a local drive rather than having them print out.

1 REPLY 1

SCDA
Apprentice

Found this on another site.  Didn't work in Windows 10, but I had a Windows 7 Machine on the network, and after going through this, the Remote UI started up

The problem you have may be due to Windows rather than the machine, I have found on some computers that the 'Data Execution Prevention' setting locks out the RUI in Internet Explorer.

You can try to see if this is the case by the following:

1. Go to control Panel
  2. System
  3. Advance Tab
  4. Performance Options
  5. 'Data Execution Prevention'
  6. Select - 'Turn ON DEP for all programs except those I select'
  7. Add (this will open a pop up window that will allow you to select a program.)
  8. Find 'ieexplore' in Program files > Internet Explorer
  9. Select OK or Open (This will add internet explorer to a list with a tick box next to it)
  10. Select Apply then OK.

Now retry the RUI, it is worth remembering however that this may cause the computer in question to come under attack from certain viruses and malware so always ensure the virus protection is up to date and the firewall, if there is one, is properly set. Also check you have a version of Java runtime enviroment from Sun Microsystems installed and up to date on the computer, as the RUI uses this to interface with the computer.

Link

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/canon/28710-remote-ui-not-opening.html

Announcements