cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canon MF8280Cw can print but not scan

maladrill
Apprentice

I have multiple computers in my office, and the same problem on every single one. Printer is connected to LAN by WiFi, all computers use WiFi and all computers can print. But scanning is only possible for max couple of weeks after driver reinstall. We have all Win10 computers.  

I used packet sniffer, and when I tried to start scanning from the computer there is no communication whatsoever - not a single packet originates from the computer to the network as if the application assumed the scanner is disconneted.

When I try to scan using Cannon's scan button there is communication with the computer, Cannon MF Toolbox is initiated in the user's computer, but after 10-20 secs the error occurs (on printer's LED screen). In network communication I've seen some packets identified: Name Query Response NBSTAT [Malformed Packet] , I am not an expert in networking to interpret if it is a source of the problem, but bacause these packets are sent as the reply to the computer's request it may indicate what is happening. 

Can you solve the problem? I cannot reinstall drivers for all workstations every month or so. 

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi maladrill 

There is a recommended patch to install if you are having issues scanning in Windows 10.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the scanning patch:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download and driver page.  Your operating system should automatically be detected.

2.  Under the "Drivers" tab, you will need to download and install the file Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan.

3.  Attempt a scan at this point from the Toolbox software.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements