cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting a MF620C to load drivers!

angiefrey
Apprentice

History:

Had a G3 original Blue 350mhz - too old to do much with!

Given a G4 533mhz with 10.4.11, used the hack LeopardAssist to install 10.5.8 which is running great it clocked the process to 933mhz so 10.5 could be installed.

Only requirement is to be OS 10.5.8 to load the drivers for the printer. I am guessing since I hacked the process to be 933mhz vs the 533mhz to be faster than the 768mhz 10.5 needed to load OSX, that that is why I am still not able to load the drivers for my new printer since now the error I am getting is: can not load the driver due to the processer.

This is a real bummer since I paid alot for the darn printer and the windows computers are the only ones that can use it.

Is there a work around to use a generic set of drivers?

Someone please throw me a bone!

3 REPLIES 3

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Dear angiefrey,

Your MF620C series printer is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up as well as Window Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and 10.  Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like you are using a PowerPC processor.  You would need to use an Intel processor with Mac OS X 10.5.8 (and up) in order to successfully install the Mac drivers for your printer.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Kind of what I thought, is there any sort of generic settings/drivers I can use to at least print?

History:

Moved from a G3 original Blue/white to a 533mhz PowerPC G4 not much but enough to load OSX.

Had to hack the machine with LeopardAssist to allow 10.4.11 to be replaced with 10.5.8 which was to be all I needed to install the drivers for my MF620C. Now I am getting:

Cannot install canon MF printer driver on your computer with this processor.

HELP!

Is there a generic setting/ set of drivers that can be used so I can at least print a document?

Announcements