cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Feeder MF8580Cdw

chrislily
Apprentice
When scanning pages using the feeder, the scan never comes out square. It is always misaligned and crooked. I tried not putting too many pages in the feeder at once, trying to make sure the paper is in the feeder straight, but have not had success. Would appreciate any ideas. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not sure if this is an old or new printer.  Have you opened the ADF and inspected the rollers and feeding mechanism?  Worn or dirty parts might cause a feeding variance. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have the same problem and i've had my new printer for only a few months. This was a problem from the beginning, although it is intermittent.

Thanks for the note. I agree... with mine it is intermittent. I've adjusted the feed guides which helped it for now.

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a new machine - purchased late last year. I've adjusted the feed guides which has helped. As noted below, it's an intermittent problem.

Announcements