cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem printing pdf from Android to MF264dw printer using Canon Print service getting Error 822

eolsen5734
Apprentice

I can print emails and documents from Google drive from my android tablet (Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite running v10 sw). 

But if I download a PDF file and attempt to print.  I get error 822 (invalid file format).  But the docs indicate this is a USB stick error.

Has anyone been able to print PDFs from Android?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I routinely prind PDF docs downloaded from the web from my Pixel.  No errors or issues with formatting.   

Are you printing from Adobe, your web browser or another native app or your samsung tab?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am printing from Chrome

This is from Google:

Print from your device

You can print from Chrome on your Android device. To print from your phone, add a printer that can get data with Wi-Fi or a mobile network.

1. On your Android device, open the Chrome app Chrome.
  2. Open the page, image, or file you want to print.
  3. At the top right, tap More More and then Share.
  4. Select Print Print.
  5. At the top, select a printer.
  6. To change any print settings, tap the Down arrow Down arrow.
  7. Tap Print Print.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello eolsen5734,

If you are getting that error while printing using the Canon print service, you can go into the settings of your phone and under printing, you can try disabling any other printer services that are running. Apps > Settings > More (Wireless and networks section) > Printing. Once the other services are turned off, you can try printing again

If you are still getting the error, you can try printing the PDF file from our Canon Print Business app to see if you get the same error. If you continue to have the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements