cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-2000 Collecting printer status

JosephB
Contributor

Hello, I just bought a used pro-2000.  It easily connected to my wireless network.  Had a hard time getting the computer to find the printer and the only thing that worked was using the printer name.  I'm running Windows7pro.

So, whenever I try to print I get "Collecting Printer Status then after a minute it will say "Printer not responding" ..and the printer is turned on and ready.

I have run network diagnostics and I get nothing.  I deleted Antivirus and turned off Windows firewall and still have the issue. The printer seams to be fine as I can print all tests from the display.  I would try to connect using a cable but the printer is about 60ft from the computer and I don't have a cable that long at the moment and I would prefer no cable running through my home.

I have 2 other printers on my network and they print fine. 

Appreciate any help I can get...

Joseph

7 REPLIES 7

JosephB
Contributor

I figured out my issue.  Apparently the Administrator password was causing the issue.  Seams like it should have asked me for a password. 

So I deleted the Administrator password and it quikly connected to the printer to print.

Hope this helps someone else...

Alright, I spoke too soon... Printer status was ready to print and a minute later it changed back to Printer not responding. 

Hi JosephB,

It is recommended that you contact technical support via phone for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.  A Technical Support Representative can determine the cause of the issue and resolve it for you via phone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patric. 

Originally I downloaded the drivers and software from this page. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Yesterday I deleted all that then installed from this ONE download :  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-setup.html?lng=en&type=setup&mdl=PRO-2000&area...

Reconneted the printer to the wifi by using WEP just so I knew it was connected , gave it a try and it started working.  Well sort of.  It won't print using the "Direct Print and Share" program because the Print button never highlights.  It printed using the "Poster" program.  The print I tried looked good...  I am not too thrilled with that program so I started up my subscription to Flexi and I printed it again... to my surprise the print turned out so much better and I know I didn't have the exact profile for the Lexi Jet Extreme Auquavinyl I was using. 

Anyway, I'm still having issues with the printer.  I send it the print job and sometimes nothing happens.  Software says printing and I look at the printer and it's not doing anything.  Later I try again and the printer will say Saving and it takes forever... like 15min then all of a sudden it will print that last job then it will keep going and print the previous job that it should have printed. 

Maybe the printer needs a reset or an update... it's working on version 1.14 ... guess I need to dig through the manual to see how to give it an update... any tips on what to do or not to do would be helpful...

I greatly appreciate the help...

Also, another issue... it won't wake to print.  I have to physically touch the printer screen for it to wake to print.  I changed the time before it sleeps so it won't sleep while I'm using it but it seams like it should wake up to print.

Just an update... I haven't had time to mess with the printer.  I am planning on working with it again on Saturady June 1st. 

If anyone knows how to update the printer or have some tips it would be appreciated...

Thanks

For anyone who gets this message and their printer will not cooperate, try this:

Real quick, turn off the printer.

Pul the plug from the printer.

Shut off the router.

Pull the plug from the modem.

Wait 30 seconds.

Turn on the modem and router.

Plug in the printer.

Turn printer it on. 

Ensure that your printer queue is empty.

Try printing.

I have a Canon TR 8520 and Windows 10.  Tried this procdeure today when that "Collecting printer Status" message appeared and the printer became unresponsive.  And, it worked.  I can only guess that some type of error (mine was simply a DVD label misfeed) will result in a nonfunctioning printer with that gobbledygook message to accompany it and the programming/software for the printer is not able to address it and probably a litany of varying errors - leaving the customer to figure it out.  Though, the number for Canon assistance listed in an earlier message is going to be helpful for future issues!

Thanks!!   

Announcements