Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Printing Envelopes

I have an MF733Cdw.  Can anyone please explain how to print an envelope?  The manual is worthless.  It has numerous pages devoted to the proper way to load envelopes.  And exactly nothing about how to tell the printer it is printing an envelope.  I've called tech support, a waste of time.  Emails go unanswered.  You're my last hope.  

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Printing Envelopes

Hi DesertRatR,

In addition to loading the envelopes, you also need to specify the paper type on the printer itself, and ensure that envelope size and format is being requested from the computer. 

Instructions for specifying the paper type can be found starting on page 159 of the manual HERE.

Adjusting the paper settings on the computer will vary depending on what operating system and program you are using.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Printing Envelopes

This was helpful. I also see the address lightly printed on the envelope in front of the fully printed address. It looks almost like a track marks where the enveolpe passes over the rollers and picks up some toner residue. This is wierd because it is a brand new machine. Any suggestions?