cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer will print but gets stuck loading after scanning one page

sdaiq
Apprentice

Hello,

I have an imageclass MF624cw. I'm not having any trouble printing from my Macbook Pro 2017. When I try to scan using the feeder, one page is fed through, the second page gets stuck halfway. On my computer, I see a "Scanning document 'scan' Page #1" message indefinitely. This message never goes away, the second page never gets fed through, and the scan never completes. 

This same issue arises if I try to scan from the tray instead of the feeder. I haven't been able to successfully scan a single page!

I've updated the printer's firmware. The scan function was working two weeks ago... no settings were changed. I tried deleting the printer from my computer and reconnecting it again. 

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Something has likely changed in your environment.  What MAC OS are you using?

Has your operaing system been updated recently?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm using Mojave. I haven't updated to Catalina yet. Should I update?

Hi sdaiq.

Is the printer connected by USB, or by wifi?

If by USB, ensure the computer is plugged in and charging.

If by wifi, what is the printer reporting as the signal strength?

Does this occur both when scanning from the printer's interface as well as from the computer interface, or only when using one or the other?

Try powering the printer off, powering it on, and then scanning through Image Capture.  Does the problem occur there as well?

If you have a third-party firewall or antivirus, ensure the printer and its software are being allowed to communicate through without being blocked.  Refer to the security software's help and support for directions to add exceptions.

Hi Darius,

The printer is connected by Wifi. I've tried connecting via USB and the same problem occurs - printing works, scanning doesn't.  Signal strength with the wifi is strong.

I haven't ever been able to scan using the printer's interface.. it just never connected properly. I exclusively print/scan from the computer.

Yes, the problem also occurs through Image Capture.

Hello again sdaiq.

If the drivers have been installed and the printer isn't showing up, then you may need to move the Canon scanner drivers from the following folders to the trash before running the Scanner driver installation again.  The folders are:

Mac HD \ Library \ Image Capture \ TWAIN Data Sources 

Mac HD \ Library \ Image Capture \ Devices

If the problem persists after removing the MF624Cw's scanner drivers and reinstalling them, then something else on the computer is blocking the printer from being detected; ensure the printer is being allowed through your antivirus and firewall.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There's no problem with the printing. I can print a document completely 100% okay. The issue is when I try to scan any document, the first page of a set of documents will go through the feeder then it gets stuck with loading the page on the computer. These pictures below is the best I can try to explain it. I scanned one page and it went through the feeder. On my macbook, I still see "Scanning document...". The document has been scanned by the printer, but there is some other issue that won't continue with the next step of processing that file on the computer side. This is an example with a one-page document.

2 or more pages will not ever get to sending a second page through the feeder. The second page will pass through halfway and sit there forever.

Thank you, Darius, for helping me troubleshoot.

81544139_591319954748965_1544000842665820160_n.jpgScreen Shot 2020-01-06 at 4.28.14 PM.png

Hi sdaiq.

The screenshot you provided shows that you are using the Apple-developed  Image Capture software to scan. I'm unable to help troubleshoot non-Canon scanning software.  Instead, try using the MF Scan Utility.  If the Canon-produced drivers were installed, then the MF Scan Utility will be found in the Applications folder, within the MF Utilities sub-folder.

Does the problem also occur when scanning using the Canon software? 

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements