cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer takes a long time to start printing.

rek65
Apprentice

Recently bought a Cannon Maxify GX6050 printer for my home office.  It is connected through my WiFi network, the access point is less then a year old. Ubiquity  AP-AC-PRO,  which is connected on a distance of 5 meter states all fine ( signal -60 dBm)

Never the less it takes 40 minutes before the first print is printed, everything else in the queue appair directly.  After some while it takes another 40 minutes to start printing. We use Mac, linux and Windows as workstation. All have the same issue/behavior with this printer.

As this is a home office and approcimately 2 jobs are printed per day on average. Which makes it more annoying.

Anyone experience with this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Although the printer is not a US model, there is probably a simularity with other printers.  I cannot imagine it will be reinvented/build specific per printer module. So for those interested...

For now I can print, have disabled the wify and connected it with a cable.  So the problem is in the wifi connection.Once printed it keeps polling on the network,  but this stops after a while. It looks that the wify  wakes up from this state one a hour on the whole hour.  Then the printer is accepting again..

Disabled everything what even remotely looks like sleep/power saving etc..  But this remains the same.  

Have some tcp dumps of the wifi and it does look strange,  have send this to Support in Europe but no further reaction.

As I can print now they probably have closed the ticket... 

Anyway... 

Greetings

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Although the printer is not a US model, there is probably a simularity with other printers.  I cannot imagine it will be reinvented/build specific per printer module. So for those interested...

For now I can print, have disabled the wify and connected it with a cable.  So the problem is in the wifi connection.Once printed it keeps polling on the network,  but this stops after a while. It looks that the wify  wakes up from this state one a hour on the whole hour.  Then the printer is accepting again..

Disabled everything what even remotely looks like sleep/power saving etc..  But this remains the same.  

Have some tcp dumps of the wifi and it does look strange,  have send this to Support in Europe but no further reaction.

As I can print now they probably have closed the ticket... 

Anyway... 

Greetings

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements