cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not recognizing USB

sauganash
Apprentice

I have an older printer (Imageclass D1180) that stopped working suddenly.  It appears it is not recognizing the USB cord.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, I've tried a different USB cord, and I've tried using different ports on the computer.  I've installed the latest driver/software from the Canon website and I am using Windows 10.

I just keep getting the message, "To finish the installation, connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable."

The printer is low on toner, but I don't know if that would affect the installation.  I do not want to put a new toner in if the printer is no longer working.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi there!

So the community, and our team can help you best, it'll be helpful to know which operating system (version of Windows or macOS) you're using.

It's also helpful to know if you've downloaded the most current software and any available drivers for your OS from our site HERE

I've added the info to my original post.  Thank you.

Darius
Whiz

Hi sauganash.

If the computer is a laptop, ensure it's plugged in and charging.  If you have an antivirus installed, ensure that the antivirus is up to date, and that it's not blocking the printer's connections.

If the low toner is causing an error code to appear on the printer, then the toner may need to be replaced before the printer is able to communicate with the computer.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements