cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Cartridge

Zoimom
Apprentice

I was sent here instead of having my comment answered so...

I bought a 137 cartridge to use in my printer. Canon cartridge in Canon printer. Correct cartridge. When I opened the sealed box and sealed wrap I looked for the ring to pull on the side and there was none. The instructions still said the same procedure it always said, pull ring. No ring. I put the cartridge in my printer after rotating it. It printed almost as bad as the cartridge I took out. I did not save the receipt. Yep, I was mad because I through $100.00 out the window. I sent the incident via email to the Canon and the only response was to try posting here to see if my problem could be solved. Thanks Canon.

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, Zoimom!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Zoimom
Apprentice

I have an Image Class MF244dw. Honestly, the model doesn't matter unless there is a problem with the manufacturing of the particular model's cartridge. The printer works fine. The cartridge in the box I bought appears to have been used. The box was sealed. The cartridge was in a sealed plastic wrap. The clip that is pulled on new cartridges was missing. Reading my first post should have been clear. This post should be clear. This appears to be a used cartridge in a new box. I am not happy about this and do feel I have been given the runaround by Canon. I believe I was told to post on this community page so Canon can ignore it. This is not a problem with my printer or how it works. This is being sold a used, empty cartridge in a new box and wrap.

Hi, Ziomom.

If you purchased the toner from Canon USA directly, you would need to reach out to our sales team for options regarding this issue. They are at 1-800-385-2155. If you purchased the toner elsewhere, you would need to reach out to the reseller for any available options. Our sales team is available from 9 am to 9 pm (ET) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

If the cartridge appears used, you may have gotten one that was returned to Canon, completely repackaged and resold.  Did you explain to Canon what you explained to us?

Zoimom
Apprentice

Yes, I explained it all to Canon and they referred me to this community. That is why I am mad. 

WHO did you explain it to, and did you ask to have your complaint escalated to a higher level?

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Zoimom,

The community forums are for canon users to share tips and suggest resolutions to problems users could be running into. Unfortunately, we would not be able to process any exchanges for toner cartridges or provide warranty service. If the toner cartridge was purchased from us directly, you can contact our sales team at 1-800-385-2155 to see what return/exchange option you have. If it was purchased through us directly, we can pull up the purchase information for the toner. You could also try contacting our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

Announcements