cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potentially unanswered question UFRII vs UFRIIv4 differences

BadWolfe
Contributor

During my search, I keep finding people ask the differences between UFR II and UFR II v4, but it seems to go unanswered.  (I realize I may have missed finding the post with the answer, so let me apologize first).  Isn't there somewhere that we can find this information?  A search of Canon only revealed generic information about UFR II v4 use and installation.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, BadWolfe!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for the quick response.  My new printer is an MF743Cdw.

LOL, is this some kind of joke? Like BadWolfe, I too have been trying to find the difference between UFR and UFR v4, and only finding thread after thread like this one where Canon follows up and asks the user's printer model and then never replies to the user's response.

CANON: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UFR AND UFR V4? My printer is ImageClass mf634cdw.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Badwolfe,

The UFR II system is a driver connection that uses Ultra Fast Rendering. It is tailored to our Canon printer software and driver settings. As the technology advanced the ability to compress print data for faster rendering and better image output improved so we created newer versions of the UFR II driver. The 4th version of the UFR II system is a more advanced version of the driver and it will only work on printers that came out after that version. The standard version of the UFR II drivers is an older more simplified version of the UFR II system. It will work with the majority of our laser printers since it is a simple version of the driver. The 4th version of the driver also works on newer operating systems. The 4th version also helps with Windows apps when you are using Windows 10 in S mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements