cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not printing black

rljablon
Apprentice
My MB5020 won't print black. My cartridges are relatively full, and I've cleaned, deep cleaned, calibrated, etc. I registered glossy paper and used plain, per the suggestions of users of other canon printers. Nothing works.

Now that I'm working from home, this problem is untenable. With the inflated prices of printers, I'd rather fix the printer I have than get another one.

Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi rljablon.

If the ink is not flowing after cleanings and deep cleanings, then the MB5020 will need to be replaced.  I understand how tight money can be in this situation.  You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., with free ground shipping.  As someone who had an inkjet, the discount may be applied to either a PIXMA or MAXIFY unit.  If you require faxing, you will want to look at the MAXIFY MB and PIXMA TR and MX series models.  

If you're interested, you may call our Canon Direct agents at 1-800-385-2155.  Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi rljablon.

If the ink is not flowing after cleanings and deep cleanings, then the MB5020 will need to be replaced.  I understand how tight money can be in this situation.  You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., with free ground shipping.  As someone who had an inkjet, the discount may be applied to either a PIXMA or MAXIFY unit.  If you require faxing, you will want to look at the MAXIFY MB and PIXMA TR and MX series models.  

If you're interested, you may call our Canon Direct agents at 1-800-385-2155.  Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius, thanks for your response. I was afraid the printer would have to be replaced....

Bluesea7
Apprentice

I, too, cannot print black ink. I tried cleaning. I guess I'll have to get a new printer. Bummer. Are wired printers still sold? I would like one.

Announcements