cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New printer can't print from Windows (LBP622Cdw) - "error"

markthomas
Apprentice

So I just bought an LBP622Cdw and set it up over wifi. Easy peasy. Macbook Pro fount it and printed perfectly. Windows laptop found it, and when I print it goes into Error mode. There is no explanation other than Error. The problem is not connectivity, because I can connect to the Remote UI portal just fine. Installed the latest drivers, removed and re-added the printer. Still "Error". Tried a different Windows 10 desktop. Installed drivers. Added printer. First print, queue goes into Error mode. Meanwhile the Macbook is printing fine. Are the Windows drivers just bad? I feel like returning this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The windows drivers are not bad.  "Error" gives us very little to go on.  Does this display on the printer, in the print queue, or elsewhere?

What is the IP of the printer?

What is the IP of the Windows PC?

Did you add the device as an IP printer?

3rd party Anti-Virus software can cause comminication failures.  Not sure id this is applicable.  We just don't knopw enough about your environment with the limited information provided.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The windows drivers are not bad.  "Error" gives us very little to go on.  Does this display on the printer, in the print queue, or elsewhere?

What is the IP of the printer?

What is the IP of the Windows PC?

Did you add the device as an IP printer?

3rd party Anti-Virus software can cause comminication failures.  Not sure id this is applicable.  We just don't knopw enough about your environment with the limited information provided.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I agree it's not much to go on. I can't find a place with any detail whatsoever. Trying to print something or even doing a "test print" results in the queue going from "Printing..." to "Error" in about a second, no matter what I do.

Again, it's not an IP connectivity issue because I can use a browser to connect to the http port and get the "remote UI portal" aka built-in web server.

When I add the device, Windows does not give me a choice of options. It autodiscovers it and then displays "Ready." Are you saying there's a way to customize this?

Taking a cue from what you said about anti-virus, I realized that my Netgear Orbi has some built-in security filtering which may take place even though everything's on the same subnet. After rebooting that, Windows printing started working! Still a mystery why the Macbook could print just fine--different protocols I guess.

Thanks!

Greetings,

Netgear Armor uses a custom version of Bit Defender.  If you suddenly lose connectivity to the printer again, consider assigning it a reserved or static IP.

Then remove and re-add it to your windows PC as an IP printer...

Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers > Add a Printer (at top of the dialog)

Then > the printer I want it not listed >  now select add printer using a TCP/IP address....

tcp ip.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements