cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Scan Utility Not Installed By MP Driver Software in Windows 10

dpbrick
Apprentice

I was having some problems with the network scan functionality on my Maxify MB2320 and decided to re-install the driver software.  I first uninstalled all Canon drivers.  Then I downloaded the driver installer from the usa.canon.com site -- which says it's Windows 10 compatible -- and installed and everything seemed to work correctly -- in fact, the installation program said installation was successful.  

But now when I pull up the Canon Quick Toolbox and select the Scan button, it gives me an error message: "Cannot find Canon IJ Scan Utility.  Reinstall MP Driver, and then try again."  So I reinstalled the driver package -- even re-downloaded in case the first package had gotten corrupted -- and got the same results.  The network scan utility is no longer anywhere to be found.  It should be part of the MP driver package, correct?  I mean, there are no other driver packages available for this printer on the Canon site.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the MP Drivers again.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the printer in the Printers & Scanners menu.

If you continue to have difficulties once this has been done, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem. I did the fix you suggested. No joy.

Canon error.jpg

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements