cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mf244dw always prints on two sides

Baklash
Contributor

My mf244dw always prints on two sides. I have tried changing to 1 side manually at the printer and also on my computer following the instructions in the manual. Nothing works. It seems like 1 sided printing is not available. Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

My iPad is iOS13. My iPhone is 12.4.3 My laptop is Windows 10. It was somewhat confusing putting all this together but I just kept going back over things and somehow got 1 sided printing working. It took several days and multiple hours. I hope it stays on 1 sided. 

View solution in original post

Baklash
Contributor
The iOS are listed in the above post. Not sure but may have loaded from the Canon website.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

The Canon printers are the most user unfriendly I have ever experienced. Previously we had 3 HP which was great except the print heads kept going bad so went with the MF642 laser printer based on great reviews. I will say print quality is terrfic. But on Mac OS the software is not friendly at all. Using 10.10.5 and 10.12 and makes no difference.

The business print app doesnt work on anything mac. And on every setting for printing it always prints both sides even though it clearly says 2 sided printing off. Ready to sell this and go with an HP laser printer at least I know their software does what you tell it to do.

RosemaryJ
Apprentice

I am using a Dell desktop with Windows 11.  I have attempted to follow your advice, getting on to Settings and Printing Preferences, but I have no Basic Settings option.  I attach a screen print of what I do have.

What I want to do is to print on both sides actually?

Rosemary

Any ideas, please? MF240printer_PrintingPreferences.png

Announcements