cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2120 Printing Trouble, Error Code 5105

nchrisman
Apprentice

Hello- I have a Canon Maxify MB2120 printer. When I send an item to print from my computer the printer recognizes it and starts processing. All it does it continue to processing-its moving inside but never prints. It will do this for 3-5 minutes. I was prompted to change ink cartridges and have done that. It still won't print. I don't know what to do next. The only error code that has been shown is 5105. I have checked and double checked and there is no foreign objects. I will also note that when prompted to change the ink and it moved to the left it wasn't lined up with the blue button to eject the cartridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

The issue points to a problem with drivers on the computer or a hardware issue. You can try cleaning the encoder strip using the steps in the link HERE to see if it resolves the issue. If you are still unable to print, you can try a copy from the glass to see if you run into the same issue. If you continue to get the same error after cleaning the encoder, it looks like the printer needs service. You can log into your MyCanon account to check your service options.

Announcements